Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Big Girl Room Inspiration


My baby is now 2 years old so it’s time to start converting the nursery into a “big girl” room. I’ve been itching to change it since I finished it a little over 2 years ago. (You can see how that turned out here.)

I found my inspiration for Maddie’s room from none other than Pottery Barn Kids. These are pictures that started it all.
166633254932204274_bHChgXAh_c
91972017359937696_IyOXbtuJ_c

Gosh I love everything about this room, mainly the bedding. I’ve been drooling over the Hayley collection for over a year now. I just love the little birds and owls. I also love these quilts because there are so many colors and patterns to coordinate with.
img49o

These plaques are so cute! They are no longer sold at Pottery Barn but I’m pretty sure I could make them myself.
166633254932951572_PgW82D5T_c

I love this fabric garland that Hana over at The Mom Tog Diaries created by using strips of fabric, ribbon, and lace.
166633254932941475_CnfXx1aX_c

This little birdie dream catcher was also something that was previously sold at Pottery Barn Kids. I may try to make one of these as well.
166633254932898912_vvwj7NtX_c

I found this robin’s nest printable on Google images. It’s identical to the one in the first picture of the bedroom.
nest

I still have this chandelier I got on one of my Goodwill runs last year. This will replace the smaller one from Ikea that we currently have up in her room. The Ikea chandelier will go in her closet…because every little girl needs a chandelier in her closet right? ;) 
gw 005_thumb[2]

Now that I have my inspiration all that’s left to do is choose a paint color to go above the chair rail. I keep going back and forth between a light blue and a light pink. I hate, let me repeat, HATE choosing paint colors. It gives me major anxiety. Hopefully I can make a decision soon so we can get this show on the road!

So here it is now…
IMG_1223[7]
Stay tuned for the “after”!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! And would you mind posting the source for the robin's nest? It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete