Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another Reason I ♥ Goodwill: Donating


If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time you would know that I absolutely love shopping at Goodwill. It’s not only a great way to save money and find amazing deals but for me it’s also somewhat guilt free shopping. Shopping at Goodwill supports training and placement programs for people with disabilities and other disadvantages. But that’s not the only thing I love about Goodwill.

I also love to donate.

I hate throwing things away. I try to recycle my paper, plastics, glass bottles and all that other good stuff to help protect our planet.

Basic CMYK

Donating to Goodwill is another great way of recycling things like clothing, toys, household items and lots of other things I no longer need or use. It keeps all of those extra “things” out of our landfills, keeps my home clutter free and it can help make a difference for the people in my community.

Did I mention that donations are also tax deductible? Yeah, love that!

Please join me in partnership with Planet Green and Goodwill in the Donate Movement. You can find your nearest Goodwill donation center here.

While you’re there you might as well do a little shopping.
It’s for a good cause after all. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I agree so much~! Today with the way the economy is and with so many people out of work or just plan ole not getting raises it help to support the cause! I was just there today...lol! And we always donate to Goodwill or to Family Services/Salvation Army/Purple Heart! Donate away peeps!

    ReplyDelete