Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mommies Don’t Get Sick Days

I’ve been sick with sinus and ear infections for over a week now. I’ve never suffered from either before and let me just say, I hope I this is the only time. Talk about miserable! I will never take my hearing, smell, or taste for granted ever again. There were several days where I was running a fever so I was pretty much useless, but as I’m sure many mothers know, you don’t get sick days. Unfortunately we don’t have any family close by to help out and as it usually goes, my husband has been out of town for work.

UndertheWeather

Being sick is really hard for me (other than the obvious reasons) because there’s always so much to do. It’s taken most of my energy just to keep the kids fed, clean, and out of trouble. Not a whole lot left in me for housework or my projects.

So yesterday I skipped feeding the kids, let them run wild through the neighborhood in their dirty pajamas and did my own thing!

009

Just kidding.

No really, I finally went to a doctor and after a couple of days on antibiotics I’m actually starting to feel a little better. I still sound weird when I talk and I still feel like I’m under water but I’m able to walk up and down the stairs without feeling the need for a nap.

All I could think about while I was sick were these old shutters that I had gotten for our bathroom. I worked on them a little bit at a time throughout the week. Usually it was late at night after both kids were in bed and before the Nyquil kicked in. I’m glad to say that I’m finally finished! I’ll have the completed project posted tomorrow but for now here’s a sneak peak.

shutters 028

See you tomorrow!

:::Sniffle Sniffle:::

No comments:

Post a Comment